Baturraden name comes from two words (Javanese), namely Batur (hills, land, friends, helpers) and Raden (nobility). When combined, the word "Baturraden" can mean: flat land or land views.
There are two versions of Batu Raden history, namely Sheikh Maulana Maghribi version and the version of the Duchy Kutaliman. According to the first version, Sheikh Maulana Maghribi, Count Rum originating from Turkey and the Muslims, ever feel curious about the mysterious light that soared into the sky and shining in the east. The Prince then find the origin of the light. Long story short, after a climb up to the top of a mountain, the Prince saw an ascetic Buddhist who relies on a guava tree that emits rays of light upwards. What was then known as Baturraden.
Meanwhile, according to the second version, the story related Baturraden love story between the daughter of Duke Kutaliman by aides who take care of horses. Once upon a time in antiquity, in the Duchy lived a maid named Suta are having an affair with Radennya, the princess duke. Both of them really feel each other fall in love and plan to increase their connection to the knot, but not received the blessing of both parents with different degrees of reason and dignity among them. (Batur = Assistant, Raden = designation for Princess Duke / nigrat)
Baturraden is a tourist place in Banyumas regency, Central Java, Indonesia. Around the year 2007 Baturraden a mystery with a bloody disaster, breakdown of red bridge that connects the access to tourist sites with a lot of casualties. But not long after of the incident, Baturraden back beautiful and delicious to eat.
Baturraden located in the northern town of Navan right on the south slope of Mount Slamet. Baturraden layout right on the slopes so that the region has a very cool air and tend to be very cold, especially at night. Baturraden is one of the mainstay tourism in Banyumas, Central Java. Since 1928, is known as a tourist attraction Baturraden mountains. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of the natural scenery and the cool mountain air with a temperature between 18 ° C-25 ° C. In good weather conditions and sunny, views of Navan, Nusakambangan, Cilacap beach and can be seen clearly from the top Baturraden.
Privileged Baturraden lies in the variety of types of tourism offered. In addition to the main tourist Baturraden, in this area there are also many other tourist sites are also worth visiting, including the following:
- Botanical Garden. This park provides a variety of ornamental plants bonsai, and rare plants, such as Havana Plants, Leaves god, Brimulia, rodent tuber, Antarium Lipstick, Palm Paris, Tongue Elephant, and Widoro Sea. Price of these crops is quite cheap and affordable for visitors who want to make it as a souvenir.
- Curug Gede. This tourist attraction is located in the Village Tourism Ketenger, a distance of about 3 km from Baturraden. Where there is a beautiful waterfall.
- Shower Pitu, which is 2.5 km from Baturraden. Shower is located 2.5 km from Baturraden. Shower is a source of geothermal water with temperature 60 ° -70 ° C which directly flows from the foot of Mount Slamet through seven showers.
- Shower Telu. Shower was inaugurated on January 18, 1987. This shower drain hot water with a temperature of 40'C sulfur which is said to cure skin diseases and bone.
- Travel Wana. This tourist attraction is located 2 km from Baturraden. Travel Wana overlooks the green forests and beautiful. This place is perfect for camping and jungle tracking.
- Silent lake. This lake is located in the east, which is about 3.5 km from Baturraden. Is fairly picturesque lake, the water is clear and cold.
- Parks Kaloka Widya Mandala, which is a zoo as well as educational tours. In the park there are a number of imported animals, both domestic and abroad, such as the three-legged goat, elephant, monkey, cow stalls, python, monkey, porcupine, crocodile Irian, orangutans, and deer. In this tourist complex there is also a museum that contains the Rare Animal animals like sun bears, Sumatran tigers, and clouded leopard.
In addition to the attractions that quite a lot, Batu Raden region is also characterized by the arts and cultural facilities, as follows:
- Grebeg Shura or Alms Earth. The ceremony was conducted on 9 Months Shura. The goal is a starting reinforcements, namely by conducting such activities ruwat earth and salvation at the tombs of ancestors.
- Kenthongan, a typical musical arts Banyumas. The main tool of this art is in the form of pieces of bamboo kenthong that a hole in its side lengthwise. To play need dikentong.
- Calung and Lengger. Calung is also a musical instrument made of bamboo strips, placed transversely, and is played by being hit. While the dance is played Lengger two women or more and accompanied by calung.
- Banyumas traditional clothes. Banyumas traditional clothes there are two kinds of clothes to the underprivileged (like clothing ancingan, bebed wala, pinjungan, iketan, and nempean) and clothing for the nobility (nyamping beskap for men and for women).
- Ebeg (lumping horse). Banyumas Ebeg a traditional dance by using his trademark horse shows. In the show usually accompanied by gamelan called bendhe.
- Exhibition of ornamental plants, such as havana, leaves gods, and palm paris.
- Sadranan. This form of ritual to clean the tomb, followed by kenduren event. The goal is to remember the ancestors.
Baturraden located in the south foot of Mount Slamet at an altitude of about 640 meters above sea level. What attractions are located in the north and is about 14 km from the town of Navan, Banyumas regency, Central Java, Indonesia.
To get to the location, visitors can use a private vehicle or public transportation. From Navan town travel can be reached within 15 minutes. Visitors can use the public transport terminal Kebondalem Navan towards Batu Raden tourist sites.
- Swimming pool (U.S. $ 1500.00 per person)
- Swimming glide (U.S. $ 1500.00 per person)
- Massage scrub sulfur and hot water bath (U.S. $ 15,000.00 per person)
- Bike Water (IDR 1500.00 per person)
- VIP hot shower (IDR 3000.00, maximum 15 minutes)
- Hot Water Bath Class I (U.S. $ 2000.00, a maximum of 15 minutes)
- Mogen or car genjot (IDR 1500.00, a maximum of 15 minutes)
- Carousel (IDR 1500.00, maximum 15 minutes)
- Mini train (U.S. $ 2000.00 per person)
- In the center there are many villa type Baturraden, Baturraden guesthouse, and hotel.
- In the east there is also a tourist area Baturraden many villas and hotels.
- In the west there is a tourist area Baturraden:
- Many hotels.
- Bureau of trips. Baturraden does not have its own travel agency. They are working with the Government of Banyumas by facilitating a travel agency or travel agent.
- A number of restaurants.
- Kertiwana building, located next to the camping grounds Baturraden. The building is designed specifically with the nature is able to accommodate 500 people.
- SPA Palawi Baturraden, as a facility for the SPA and Aromateraphy.
- House of accommodation (homestay) contained in the tourist village Ketenger and available to the public.
- Some bungalows or houses for rent as a resting place.
- Some services guide, which is devoted to foreign tourists.
- Massage parlors and bath scrub sulfur. This facility is a health tourism by utilizing sources of hot water containing a high sulfur content.
- Terminal Baturraden. This terminal serves as a place of arrival and departure of vehicles to the Tourism Park Baturraden, such as public buses, tourism buses and private vehicles.
- Souvenir stalls, selling a number of items, such as clothing, shoes, slippers, jackets, children's toys, and accessories-other accessories.
- Adequate parking.